Overview[edit | edit source]
Assault players can usually be found at the forefront of battle, heading the offensive. With five punch-packing primary weapons to choose from, they can overwhelm their enemies with sheer firepower.
Assault players who master their primary and secondary abilities are formidable opponents in combat, but like all classes their abilities do have counters - a well placed E-Pulse attack can be devastating against a deployed Nano Shield or Buddy Drone. Still, it’s better to avoid direct encounters with Assault players where possible.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
The primary ability of the Assault class is the Nano Shield, which allows players to deploy a temporary energy screen that block enemy attacks while letting allied projectiles through. In addition, Assault players can choose one of three secondary abilities:
- Speed Dash: The Speed Dash ability lets Assault players move faster for a short amount of time. It is very useful for seizing the initiative during mission modes where speed is of the essence, such as Search & Destroy. It can also be used to beat a hasty retreat when ammo supplies and health run low.
- Stun Blast: The Stun Blast ability temporarily stuns and blinds nearby enemies, making them easier to target. It is ideal for quickly turning the tables when faced with a particularly resilient opponent, or for situations where enemies are attacking from multiple directions.
- Buddy Drone: The Buddy Drone ability deploys a flying combat drone that automatically attacks nearby enemies. As such, it works as an effective counter against impending brutal melee attacks. The Buddy Drone can be customized with skins.
- E-Pulse Emitter: This places a gadget that stun's and destroy's enemy player's elektronics at set intervals. Unlike the stun blast, this doesn't do anything to players.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The assault class shares the Armadillo Trooper's design on the Helghast side and the VSA Special Forces Assault on the Vektan Security Agency side.
References[edit | edit source]
- 2013-09-16, Presenting the Assault Class. Guerilla Games, accessed on 2013-10-08