- "Deadly at close-range and featuring the mobility of the handgun class, this weapon is ideal for `run-and-gun` combat. Requires frequent reloading."
- —Killzone.com Description
|VC8 Shotgun Pistol|
|Killzone 3, Killzone: Mercenary|
|Rate of fire||High|
It is a three-barreled secondary weapon developed by the Helghast and is manufactured by Visari Corporation, holding one shell in each barrel. Great for close combat, it lacks lethality at extended ranges.
The VC8 is also featured as a sidearm in Killzone: Mercenary. In Mercenary, the VC8 is essentially the same gun seen in Killzone: 3. While it is easily the strongest firearm, its power is offset by a weak range, poor accuracy, low ammo capacity.
- The VC8 Shotgun Pistol seems to be inspired by the World War II era Japanese Type 90 signal pistol but with a longer barrel.
- Considering its short range compared to the other shotgun it can be somewhat considered to be the sawn-off shotgun of the series (at least in function).
- The VC8 Shotgun Pistol entered into service as a special side arm for the Helghast army.